Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And so, another summer comes to a close

Hey Everyone.

Sorry I have been SO SO lazy with my blog lately, but it's the summer holidays (Well, that's my excuse anyway).
I have about 2 weeks to go until it's back to French school. It's not going to be easy after my 3 months of Summer holidays which started back in the beginning of June when it still felt like I had an eternity before I even had to think of coming home. Its hard to think that in less than 5 months (21 weeks) I will be back in NZ.

I have been having an AWESOME holiday. Since my last update I have been to the South of France, to Aix-en-Provence, Avignon and Marseille. I have also been to Sweden and Denmark which was a really cool trip. I don't have a lot of photos from my trip as it was more of a personal holiday for me to have a poke around Europe and catch up with some friends of mine who I haven't seen for 6 months or more. Having said that I do have photos so I will put up those which I do have.

During my trip I spent 2 weeks in Marseille and saw just about everything there is to see there. It is a nice town but its quite dirty as there isnt a lot of rain to keep it clean. It was a very interesting visit and I stayed with some friends of mine and it was really cool to see them.

During the two weeks in Marseille I popped up to Avignon for a day to see the SKC kids on the France Trip. It was really really cool to see them. Until then it was as though I had two lives. One in NZ and a completely separate one in France. Catching up with friends from home was a really bizzare experience as it was bringing something from one life to another but it was so cool to see them.

After my visit to Marseille I went to Paris and took my flight to Copenhagen (After being searched and having my luggage checked by the Police on the TGV). After arriving in Copenhagen I had to take a 3 hour train to Malmo in Sweden. All up it was 9 hours of travelling + 6 hours at Paris airport.

I had such an awesome time in Sweden. I stayed with a friend of mine who is doing her exchange in Sweden. She lives very close to Denmark so we went and explored Copenhagen for a day. Copenhagen is such an awesome city. Very different to all the other cities I have seen in Europe and one that I think I would definately want to return to later on.

After spending 4 days in Sweden I moved over to Denmark. I spent 2 weeks in Denmark and saw many of the towns there. Denmark looks a lot like NZ, in comparison to France which looks nothing like NZ.

The best part of my trip was staying with all my friends, getting to spend time with them and just having fun while getting to see some really cool countries.

Now I am in Aix-en-Provence, staying with a friend of mine until the end of August when I will be returning to Nantes to restart school. I am really looking foward to getting back as I will get to see all the new exchange students who have just arrived from the USA, Canada and Mexico.

So, with only 21 weeks to make the most of I will be keeping myself busy (I hope) and having as much fun as possible before coming home in early January.

No comments: