Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Now the hard part. Saying goodbye.

Hey Everyone.

I have just recently passed my 4 month mark in France. 1/3 of the way there. I am happy but also sad. My exchange goes from January to January but the other students who come from Mexico, USA, Canada, Germany and Sweden do their exchange from July to July so they are all leaving soon.

Last weekend we had our last weekend together as a District. We didn't have anything planned for us to do so it was a lot of fun to just spend time together for one last time. During my first 4 months I have made so many new friends, most of them in my District, and it is really sad when I have to watch them leave.

I am doing some brief day trips over the next few weeks just to say goodbye to everyone I have met for the last time. Its not easy but its a very important thing to do. It is weird to describe the bond that we as exchange students share but it is something very special and almost beyond any normal friendship.

I don't know what it is that makes us all get on so well. I love everyone of my friends that I have made so far so much and that I am really going to miss them.

I have put up some photos of my friends from my district just so you can see my friends here. I haven't put up many photos of my friends so far but i had a chance to get a whole bunch over the weekend.

It might be difficult to get my blog updates done over the upcoming months as I am going to be quite busy so I will tell you what I am doing.

  • I have my Eurotrip starting on the 3rd June which lasts for 11days which are spent on a bus, gallivanting around Europe with about 3 NZers and 40 Australians. INTERESTING!!!
  • Then I go on a trip to the South of France (Where i will see some of the SKC kids going on the France trip), Sweden and Denmark.
  • Then I will hopefully have 2 Canadian friends of mine coming to visit. One is doing her exchange here and it will be the last time I see her. The other is coming from Canada, I haven't seen her for 5 years so I'm very excited for that.

So that is what I'm doing over the next 2 months.
Hope all you SKC kids have a great time at the Ball.

No comments: